Friday, October 31, 2008

The Pig on the Table



Last night was my Aunty's ( my Mom's older sister) 82nd birthday. Praise God for added years in her life and not to mention that God has really blessed her with good health and joy! It's such a blessing to see her.

Anyways, as with any Filipino celebration, a Lechon Baboy ( roasted pig) must always be served. But for my 4 year old Pindian (Pinoy-Indian) girl it's a shock for her to see one. I was happily chatting with some relatives outside when she hurriedly ran to me and said, " Amma, there's a pig on the table!" Before I could reply, she was already pulling me inside the house to show me. I was so amused by her reaction as she stared at it. I also took the opportunity to take photos of the Lechon and her.


And then, I thought that she has already gotten over her 'shock' because she was back to normal as we were eating our dinner. But then, she looked again where the 'pig' was and exclaimed, "What are those people doing with the pig?" Hahaha! If you're a Filipino, you can imagine the scene of people crowding around the Lechon baboy busily and happily cutting each piece and trying to get the best part. I couldn't help but laugh because it could have been more shocking for her to see people cutting ans slicing the 'pig'. Anways, I explained to her that they're trying to get some meat to eat it. I even ask her to try to eat the skin, but she complained that it's too hard. Hehehe!

So, there goes another culture shock for my Li'l girl. I'm sure there are more to come..

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates