Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Baby's Cough

My baby is coughing again. He had this cough since we were in Malaysia (that was 2 weeks ago) then it disappeared and not it's back again. This cough is causing him to have difficulty sleeping now. I've already given him medicine (in fact I've been doing that for the past days) but it seems it's not working anymore.

I remembered my friend who searches natural remedies for her kid's sickness online and so I tried to search some natural remedies for my baby's cough too. I'm glad I did a bit of searching. I've found some remedies but a few of those natural ingredients needed are not available here in our house this time, like the oils , cider vinegar among other things.

But I've read from a forum that rubbing Vicks Vapor Rub on the sole of the feet seems effective for many. So, I searched for my Mom's Vicks and luckily I found one. I rubbed some on my baby's feet, chest, back and throat and at the same time praying and asking God to completely heal him. Seeing and hearing Lyle cough is such a pitiful sight.

Tomorrow , I'll have to ask my Mom if we have honey availabe since I've also read that taking a teasponful of honey is also effective to treat cough. I don't know what are the scientific explanations of all these natural remedies but it's worth giving a try. Anyways, I'm sure this won't harm my almost 1 year old son since it's all natural.

Lord, I pray for your healing upon Lyle. In Jesus Name Amen!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates