Friday, October 10, 2008

$ Lost!


Oh, the difficulty of traveling with kids and bringing so many things. Just as your hands are full, so is your mind and end up not being too alert with the surroundings. So the result? Valuable items get lost.

This is what happened to me during our most recent trip. I lost some money. The last thing I remember was putting that at my back pocket. I was too occupied to put it inside my wallet. My jeans were tight so, there was no way it could have fallen off. My only suspicion is that someone could have taken it out expertly from my pocket. I don't know.

As I think of that incident now, I couldn't help but shake my head. How could I have been so careless. How many things could that money have bought if only it didn't get lost?

But God reminds me that it's just 'money' , material thing therefore it's temporal. Our minds must be set on eternal things and not so much on the temporal ones like money, clothes, cars, shoes, bags and all other material things. I guess that's why a lot of people end up having bad credits and need to resort to bad credit credit cards since they tend to overspend on buying all these material things.

So, even if I lost quite a large amount of money, I'm now at peace that it's just 'money' that I lost and not anything more valuable like life. Therefore, I thank God for preserving us and taking good care of us!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates