Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Blessings of Technology

I thank God for hi-technology and communication!

Just a few hours ago, my kids and I were able to skype my Hubby. My Li'l girl was so excited to see her Appa on the webcam. She was chatting excitedly which woke our Li'l boy. Lyle was still half awake but when he heard his Appa's voice, his eyes widened, smiled, got up and was also so excited to see his Appa on the webcam. He laughed and giggled as his Ate and Appa were happily talking. Only then I realized that as little as he is, he could have also missed his Appa like his Ate.

It was already 12 mn when we chatted with HUbby but both kids were so active and awake. Tricia kissed her APpa so many times and insisted to ' make Appa's face big' in the computer. At one point I got teary eyed when my Hubby said, that we pray first before saying good night and Tricia requested , 'can I hold your hand , Appa?" So, she extended her hand and let it touch the screen as her Appa did the same. She really longed to touch and feel her APpa. Yes, even with hi technology where you can talk and see each other but it's really very much different where you can actually feel and touch the person. But it's okay.. there's another 65 days to go and we as a family can hold hands together again as we pray. So, as of now.. I'll be contented with skype and thank God for the opportunity to talk and see my HUbby everyday. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates