Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Favorite Snack - Banana Q


I was craving for Banana Q when I was in Thailand and finally, I was able to eat it today. Banana Q is a famous Filipino Snack, it's simply banana that's cooked or deep fried with lots of brown sugar. I love my Banana Q to be very sweet and crunchy from the outside. The one I had today was not so sweet and the sugar seems to have melted so, it wasn't crunchy at all. Nevertheless, I still finished 2 sticks of Banana Q and gobbled it up with ice cold Coke! Yum!!

If you want to know how to cook Banana Q:

1) You must first heat an ample amount of cooking oil in the pan.

2) Peel the banana and put it inside the pan. Make sure that the oil is already hot.

3) Then put a lot of brown sugar in the pan and mix it together with the banana.

4) When the banana is cooked and sugar is caramelized and fully covering the banana, take it out and let it cool for awhile.

Enjoy your banana Q!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates