Thursday, November 20, 2008

Of Cartoons and Kids

My Mom has a cable tv and as with any cable TVs, cartoons are available 24/7. There are only two cartoon channels available in our cable TV, Cartoon Network and Nickelodean. I would have personally preferred Disney Playhouse for my preschooler but unfortunately, Disney Channel is not available with our cable provider.

As for "cartoon watching" for my preschooler, it was quite a struggle controlling her with it but now, I've set a 45 minutes to an one hour a day for her to watch. I find Nick Jr. best suited for her while the other shows in the afternoon and evening will be more suited for the older children. There was one evening that I watched one cartoon show with her and I was shocked to hear a word uttered by one of the characters that’s not suited for children at all. So, I explained to my girl that the word she just heard is not good and she must not use it at all. From there on, I realized the importance of monitoring the shows she is watching.

Anyways, for those who has older kids and like to watch Nat & Alex Wolff of the Naked Brothers Band at Nick. There will be a live chat this Saturday, Nov. 22, chat with them as part of their new premiere, Operation Mojo. I’m not so familiar with these brothers but I think they’re quite famous with the primary kids. But as with other shows, we parents must be there to monitor what our kids are watching and guide them properly.

Natnalex

Post?slot_id=25852&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates