Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Of Maternity Benefits and SSS

Yesterday was the due date for my SSS ( Social Security System) payment. Even if I don't have an employer and not permanently residing here, I voluntarily paid for it because of its benefits. When I delivered my baby through Cesarian Section, I was able to get almost 10 thousand pesos benefit. That amount has indeed helped us and blessed us. I also didn't stopped paying my Philhealth Insurance and after the same operation, I also got my benefits even if I delivered my baby in Thailand. After submitting all my documents and forms, I just waited for a few months and I was amazed by the amount that was refunded to me. It was more than half of my total expenses! And what was more amazing was the the money came a few days before our airfare tikets to the Philippines is due. We really praise God for the favor and the blessings.

Speaking of Social Security System, do you know that in the US they have this Social Security Headquarters? With this site, it is easy for you to check on the legitimacy of any social security number. As with me, I don't even memorize my Social Security number. I guess it's not as important here in the Philippines as it is in US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw abi nako mag maternity leave na sad ka. hehehe. *cheeky smiles*

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates