Friday, June 26, 2009

School is Fun!

I really thank God that our li'l girl is enjoying her school. Gone are the days when she would cry and refuse to go to school. Everytime we fetch her from school and ask how's her class, she would enthusiastically reply, "It's fun!".

I also observe that she's indeed learning a lot of things in school. She's learning to socialize with her classmates and even a lot of additional inputs from her lessons and her teachers. I've been trying to homeschool her since she was 3 but I really wasn't very successful in making it a regular homeschool. It also has something to do with the fact that she was still so young that time that I really didn't take it so seriously.

So, now she's comfortable with the traditional school setting and I'm also a bit worried on how she'll be we go back to Thailand and I do serious homeschooling with her. As of now, we still don't have much choice but to homeschool her next year as International school is way too expensive for us. A Thai school won't be much help for her too since everything then will be taught in Thai including Maths, Science and English.. oh did I say teach English in Thai? heeheh!

Anyways, seriously though, we're already in the lookout for homeschool materials for her. I heard there are a lot of choices here in Malaysia. We better search earlier as time just flies so fast. I hope we could find a good and affordable curriculum for her.

When she's a lot bigger like Secondary level or College level, we would have more choices for her since we could send her for boarding school in India, or maybe find a good school here in Malaysia or the Philippines. There's even a more convenient option by letting her get accredited online degrees from the online schools available in the internet. I've also heard that they offer online degree scholarships. Anyways, why am I thinking about this now when she's only 5 years old. Let me take one day at a time. :)

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates