Friday, June 19, 2009

As Bread That is Broken

This song has been ringing in my ears today since my devotion is about being broken to be used by God.

"As bread that is broken use our lives,
As wine that is poured out, a willing sacrifice.
Empower us Father, to share to love of Christ
As bread that is broken, Lord.
Use our lives."

It is really true, our lives can never be useful unless we have been broken - we undergo a period of humility, trials and testings. Just like the wheat, it has to be grounded first before it can be made useful.

Are we willing to have our lives broken, to undergo things that's not the norm, things that are not comfortable, to undergo trials, humiliation and testing, so as to be used by God? Are we willing to have our lives poured out, spread out for people , sacrificed just to be used by God?

If we are, only then God can use us.

Lord, let my life be broken for you.. Let my life be a willing sacrifice for you ..so that you can use me.. Let this be my prayer and my hearts desire.

1 comment:

His Unfailing Love said...

i have read your comment kay nanay blog. hahaha! ok ra na oy, cute sad ang mga life story, hehehe! naka cry tuloy ako, I remember my experience, I was the same with Bem2, maybe 2nd child has the same... experience, more or less!

Have a nice day.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates