Sunday, June 21, 2009

Design and Spaces

I've just watched a show in Discovery Travel and Living about renovating an ugly kitchen to a beautiful one. I truly enjoyed the show but at the back of my mind, I also missed my so-called chosen career which I never had a chance to practice for a long time, Interior Design. I love what I studied in university and had a great time studying, but if someone would ask me to do the interior of their house, I would have to politely say 'no'. I don't have the confidence to do it anymore and it was like altogether, my interests have been diverted elsewhere. I'm not that keen to designs now and my creativity side hasn't been tapped for a long time.

Anyways, back to the show, what I love about the new design of the kitchen was the fact that it had a lot of storage area plus the additional reading nook that they created. Imagine, having a reading nook in a kitchen? Yes, that part of the design was actually needed sJustify Fullince the mom has two kids and so she can keep watch on the kids while she cooks. The kids love to read books. As for the storage area, they really needed a lot of storage to keep the kitchen neat and tidy. In the US, there's also an option for them if they have small houses and can't afford to make big storage as part of their design, because they have services like All state self storage that meets their storage needs wherever they are in US like the, phoenix self storage , arizona self storage or arizona wine storage .

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates