Saturday, March 20, 2010

Searching for Quick Recipes

There was a time when I was cooking new recipes for many days. I would regularly search for great quick recipes in the internet and try them for our meals. Most of the dishes I love to search are Filipino dishes. I know how to cook some of the Filipino dishes but it's different when I use the proper ingredients and follow the right procedures. Yes, I admit these taste better than my own experimental recipes. Hehee! The internet is indeed a great help huh. Now, there is no need for me to buy those recipe books. I've got quite a number of recipe books here but I've never got to use them because most of the ingredients needed are not available here in Thailand. My recipes books are also western food recipe books which I bought on sale in Malaysia and Philippines.

Anyways, I would like to show a sample of a few of my home cooked meals. :)


This is a Filipino dish called Bihon. It was my first time to cook this dish and my kids love it. They love noodles and pasta stuff.

This is a Thai dish called , Cashew nut chicken. This is one of my favorite Thai dish.. Hmm.. seeing this now makes me want to have one for lunch. :)


Thai Fried Rice. I'm so happy to finally get the perfect result for Thai fried rice. I've always been attempting to cook a nice one but never made it until found the recipe.


This is Beef Kitchup.. or Beef with soy sauce that I've learned from my Mom in law.

Anyways, I hope that I'll be on the mood to try out new recipes again. I would love to explore and try out other dishes too maybe some Italian dishes or mexican dishes ( LOL!). One thing that I also want to learn is to make my own bread. Possible? Maybe if I have more time on my hands. Maybe in two months time when the kids are already in school.

1 comment:

Toni B. said...

Well thnx for the info on the recipes, they look Yummy! By the way, for more on Filipino dishes, try visiting this site, me and all my friends patronize it, we became members!!!
Yummy Cebu a blogsite...

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates