Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Giver Kids

I'm blessed how my li'l ones have already learned the value of sharing their blessings with other children. Just last week, we were going to have a gift giving project in the fishing village where we hold weekly English classes. Our project for that week was giving out of soft toys for the kids. We've already gathered 2 very big bags full of stuffed toys from Malaysia and thought of adding more from our kids soft toy collection.

So, I talked with my kids and told them of giving out some of their soft toys for kids in the village who don't have their own. They were excited and were busily going up and down and collecting their soft toys. I was surprised that they even gave out some of their favorite toys. I had to ask them many times whether they are sure to give those since its their favorites. My Hubby was amused by my questioning and even said, it's okay, they want to give and bless the other kids. Hahaha! It seems that I'm the one who was having a hard time letting go of the soft toys given to them by some of our friends and family. Maybe it had some kind of 'sentimental' value for me. But our kids were happy and I'm glad that they can easily let go of their 'possessions' to bless other kids.

So, now we only have Giraffe, Elle, A Bear, a few puppies and a rag doll left behind. All the rest have gone ( the rabbits, Mr. Clause, Tigger, Pooh, the Mousey and etc.) but are happy to have found new owners for them.

That same Saturday, when my Hubby and the team gave out the soft toys to the kids, everyone was really delighted with the gifts. All the kids and even their parents were so grateful for them. It is just my prayer that the next time, they too will receive the greatest Gift of all.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates