Monday, August 3, 2009

33

My beautiful card from my 5 year old

Yesterday, I turned 33 years old! I've always been telling my Hubby that I'm already old but then when I read a greeting that said, " Don't just count your years but make your years count" , I can't help but be encouraged by it. Actually, the age 33 somehow reminds me about Jesus' ministry that started at the age of 30 and ended at 33. What he has done in 3 years has been quite overwhelming. " This somehow encouraged me to do my best in everything I do and seeking out to be a blessing for many. Even the preaching from the Sunday Service confirmed this and spoke to my heart very well. It was awesome! I find it to be God's birthday message for me.

About my 33rd birthday yesterday, there were a lot of highlights and touching moments. It all started at 12mn when my Hubby and in laws 'surprised' me with a birthday cake and song. It's actually meant to be a surprise but somehow I knew it was going to happen because this is what we do every year! heheh! So, I would like to say it has become one of our family traditions.

Then, before we slept, I checked the net and found my sweet mom and sis wrote something in their blog for me. I was so touched and was in tears. Then, the morning was just as perfect. My li'l girl greeted me and gave me a beautiful card which she made herself. Then she prayed for me. I was teary eyed again when she said this in her prayer, ' Lord, thank you for Amma that she has been a blessing to me, my Appa and Lyle boy!" Wow!

Then we went to church and even there, it was so timely because the pastor called out the birthday celebrants for the month and we were prayed for. :) After church, we had lunch out with family and it was great.

The afternoon, was my most awaited moment because my Hubby took me for a movie date! Oh, it has really been awhile since my Hubby and I went out by ourselves ( the last time was in April when we were still in the Philippines). Thanks for my mom in law who willingly took care of our kdis while we were away. After the movie, my Hubby gave me a treat at Starbucks coffee..yippee! I enjoyed the coffee but most especially, quality time with my Hubby.

When we came back home, I was also touched to read a lot of birthday messages waiting for me in my mail and Facebook. Thank God for such sweet and thoughtful friends, family and relatives.

I truly had a blessed birthday!! Thank God the making my special day beautiful. And I'm forever thankful to God for the 33 wonderful years He has given me. I'm praying the the next days and years to come will be more significant and meaningful.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates