Friday, April 17, 2009

Malaysian Visa and Passport Renewed

Our day yesterday was indeed very productive. We have processed both my Malaysian visa and Tricia's passport all in one day. THank you, Lord!

Renewing my Malaysian visa has always been a stressful experience for me and my Hubby. We usually go to the crowded immigration office in Shal Alam at 6-7 oclock in the morning with a lot of people already on queue. And then there were times that they would ask for the original receipts for fees that have been paid for the past years. Some of the immigration officers must be so tired too that they end up being rude to some of the foreigners. So, that's why renewing my Malaysian visa is not an event that we look forward to.

But yesterday was different. We went a bit late because of the 45 mins. traffic jam in the Klang bridge so my HUbby and I just decided to just fill out the papers and go to the commission of oaths and come back the next day. But surprisingly, there was not much people in the office. The lady was kind enough to explain to us that we have to fill up all the forms first then go to the commission of oaths and then come back for our number. Wow! Then it means, they are still giving out numbers. Amazing! So, we did what she told us and true enough we got our number. We had breakfast, processed Tricia's passport renewal in the same office and waited for our number. After 2 hours, our number was called. And guess what, the officer told us that we can get my passport with the renewed visa at 3pm on the same day! So, that means, we only have to wait for another 2 hours to get my visa. This process usually takes 3-4 days but it seems there has been a lot of changes in the Malaysian Immigration lately which is really great news.

So, we just took our lunch and waited for Tricia's passport and my Visa to be released. Thank God for a fast and easy process now at the immigration. Now, I guess going to the immigration office won't be a stressful experience anymore. That's another answered prayer.. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates