Sunday, March 1, 2009

What's the Message Today?

Hubby and I were physically present for the Sunday service today but we're actually 'absent'. We were there, joined the worship but when it was time for the Sermon, Lyle was already cranky. He actually wanted to go down and walk around the hall but then, he would surely disturb the people, so we 'imprisoned' him in our arms. But he refused to be still and was wiggling his way out of my arms. And when he sees that he can't be 'free', he then makes so much of noise that we didn't have a choice but to go outside and let him walk around.

When it seemed that he already had enough of walking around, we would try to go back inside the hall to see if he sits still. But as active as he is, he still repeats the same pattern. He sits still for 2 seconds, wiggle his way out and when he can't seem to get down, he would cry and make so much of noise. So, that's when we decided to let him just be outside as not to disturb other people.

So on the way back, my Hubby and I realized that even if we were in the church today but we didn't hear the Sermon at all. I told him that at least I know what's the title of the Sermon because Lyle was still quiet during the introduction.

I remember the time when Tricia was also Lyle's age. We would go to church but I won't still be able to hear the sermon since I had to accompany her to Sunday School or we go out because she's cranky. It has been like that for 4 years. Now, she's ok and can be left alone in Sunday school or if not, we just give her a pen and paper and she'll just be quietly drawing something during the service. So, now, it's Lyle's turn and I have to take of him during the service. So, I guess I'll have to wait another 3 years before I can fully concentrate and participate in the worship service. But that time will come. This is just a stage in life that we have to go through.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates