Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Best Friends Forever!

They were BFF even long before the acronym has been 'invented' . They first met when they were still in their elementary years in Camp Philips Bukidnon and their friendship continued till High School , College, marriage, they had children, grand children up to the present.

This is the friendship between my Mom and Auntie Clem. Through the years they have been best of friends. They're so close that they seemingly 'agreed' to both have 4 children ( 1 son and 3 daughters) and with the age gap so close. My brother, Jinggoy has the same age as Auntie Clem's son , Nong Jong, my sis Bem has the same age with Nang Gigi, my sis Mayet has the same age with Dimple but I am 2 years older than Auntie Clem's youngest daughter Jill. All the 3 eldest kids went to the same school (Kong Hua) while Jill and I were in Montessori. My father and Auntie Clem's husband ( Uncle Henry) also became hunting buddies and were Masons.

I remember when we were small, we always have night outs and campfires with Auntie Clems family. Jill and I even thought that we were cousins and we only got to find out that we were not related when we were quite older.



So, that's my mom and her bestfriend..it's just so rare to find such friendship and closeness such as this.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates