Friday, September 19, 2008

Coffee Break


I love coffee, particularly ice or blended coffee. In our family, it has already been a 'ritual' to go to coffee shops at least once a week after dinner. It's kind of a treat for me especially after being in the house the whole day. So, going out for coffee after we eat our dinner at home somehow relaxes me and it also serves as bonding time for our family after a busy day. I don't know but for me, coffee shops gives you an 'unhurried' feeling to leisurely enjoy your cup of coffee, unlike in restaurants especially fastfood shops where you kinda hurry up to finish your meal and get going.

Tricia loves to go to coffee shops too. Of course, we don't order coffee for her but instead shares with her Appa's Lemon Iced Tea.

Here is a list of good coffee shops here in Hatyai.

1) Bansuan Coffee - ( on Thamanonvitee Rd nead Prince of Songkhla University) I think they've got the cheapest coffee in town. That explains why it's number 1 in my list.

2) Coffee Maker- ( Along Rayjindee Rd) Their prices a higher than Bansuan Coffee but still affordable. What keeps us going to Coffee Maker is the ambience of the place. They have comfortable couches and beautiful interior but their service is quite slow.

3) E & P Coffee - ( Niphat Uthit 1) Great Interior, good coffee but their cakes are quite pricey for such a small slice. Price is better than Coffee Maker.

4) Bakery Box - ( Near the Hatyai Post Office) Coffee and the price is okay but their seats are too stiff and sturdy.

5) Coffee Shop in the Tesco Parking Lot - I like their coffee best because it suits my taste buds since they make it a little bit sweeter than usual.

6) 1908 Coffee - They've got great coffee but I think they have the most expensive coffee among all the shops. A cup of Iced Latte costs about 80 Baht! I know this must be cheap for some of you especially if you compare it to Starbucks or other shops, but I'm stingy so I choose my Ice Latte' or Ice Cappucino to be somewhere between 40-60 Baht.

7) Ome BakeShop - Their price is similar to Bansuan Coffee but the taste is not as good. We usually come here when I crave for Chocolate brownies since they have the cheapest brownies in town. :)

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates