Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's God's Plan for Her?

My girl is only 7 years old yet she has already been thinking very seriously of what she wants to become when she grows up. Last year, she had a very long list of ambitions from surfer to preacher. Then last week, she decided to be an archeologist and nothing else. But today, she changed her mind again... but for the better.

She actually approached me this morning after her personal devotion and she said she doesn't want to be an archeologist anymore but she wants to know what God's plan for her when she grows up. She then told me that she'll remind me to pray for her during our one-on-one nightly devotions. And true enough, she didn't forget and reminded me to pray for God's plan (will) for her life before she went to bed.

As a parent, I'm just so blessed with my girl. As young as she is, she's already willing to give up her 'dreams' and pursue God's plan for her life. I know God will honor her desire and prayers and in due time He will reveal and fulfill HIS plans for my daughter.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ( Jeremiah 29:11)


No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates