Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Than Enough

I can't help but write this testimony of God's faithfulness in our lives. Indeed, God knows our every need and desires of our hearts.

Just the other morning, my Hubby and I woke up and had our prayer. My hubby had that urge to pray for our finances but he didn't pray it out loud. Then, when we were having breakfast, we found out that Lyle's milk was already finishing. We were just smiling at each other because we know that the only cash we had was 60 pesos and a can of milk would cost up to 700 pesos. We had a bit of savings for our flight tickets back to Malaysia and Hubby already gave me some signal to go to the bank and shave off that savings to buy our supplies.

But a little later, our cousin told us that the Barangay was giving away funds to all those houses which were affected by the flood. We really didn't take it so seriously because, knowing that it's from the Barangay, maybe they will just give us 200 Pesos and 1 kilo of rice. But then, our cousin was really encouraging us to go and even fetched us to go to the barangay hall. And when we went there, there were already several people waiting for their name to be called. When it was my turn, I was asked to sign and my eyes widened when I saw 3,500 Pesos beside my name. I then went to the cashier and indeed, she gave me 3,500 Pesos. WOw! God's provision just came unexpectedly through the Barangay..and as usual, it came just right on time! Thank God that He has indeed blessed us and we could say that we have more than enough.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates