Friday, February 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are back now in Balulang and slowly getting settled. After 1 month and 9 days, I thought it would be so easy settling back in. But then, I guess I'm still experiencing some post traumatic symptoms because I couldn't sleep well last night.

When we came in the afternoon, we saw the the river water was not on its normal level. It was a bit high. Then the evening came and it rained quite hard. I asked my Hubby to check the water level so many times. Am I too paranoid or what? I didn't like how I felt and I just prayed to God to take away this 'fear' in me and put me to sleep. So, I did but admittedly I woke up a few times, tempted to go out and take a peek at the water level..but then was too sleepy to get up and I proceeded to sleep.

I just hope summer will soon come so we don't need to worry about the river anymore. I'm not sure if it's still rainy season here in the Philippines but then, we are regularly experiencing rain which makes the roads so muddy. That's why once we're out in the motorbike, we have to be fully geared with our jackets, North Face backpack and umbrella. It would be nice to wear a Marmot jacket too, I've heard they've got amazing Outdoor Gear .

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates