Saturday, March 5, 2011

Remembering GrandPa

My li'l girl hasn't seen her grandpa at all. She was only more than a month old her her Grandpa passed away. But when she talks about her Grandpa, it does seem that she knows him so well. It's because I always tell her stories about her Grandpa and his adventures. If my father is still around today, I'm sure all the grandkids will be so excited to go camping or go on an adventure with my Father. I'm not so sure though if our oldest nephew would go out hunting with him in the mountains, but I do remember I used to go with my father when I was still small. Those were memorable experiences for me, hiking in the mountains, camping on the base of Mt. Kitanglad, catching butterflies and birds.

No we didn't wear any tactical gears when we were out in the mountains. But my father was more like a Mcgyver. Nowadays, there are a lot of hi tech gadgets and clothing to make one 'comfortable' in the extreme conditions. Just like GEN III's ECWCS , these are military clothing especially made for extreme conditions.

Anyways, back to my father, I thank God that our family has such wonderful memories with him.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates