Monday, June 14, 2010

On Being A Blessing and Adoption

We greatly admire our family friends who are raising their own children and at the same time have adopted some underprivileged kids and treated as their own. We've seen how the kids were when they first came in and can't help but be amazed as to how they are now. They have been completely transformed. But before all these took place, I can't imagine the sacrifice that the parents have to undergo and at the same time their own kids' in adapting to a new family member who never experienced on how to have a family.

Six year ago, when our first born was still a baby, my Hubby told me his desire to bless a child or two who don't have families by adopting them. I know he is very serious with this desire while I was already calculating the difficulties of adopting a child like documents, finances, our own children's reaction and etc. I'm not actually closing my heart of this idea but I know that if it's God's then He will prepare our hearts ( esp. mine) and let His grace be abundant to us.

And speaking of adoption, I've just seen a Russian Adoption Agency which is oldest non-profit adoption agency in the state of Wyoming. If you want to know more about it and especially the History of Wyoming adoption, then please click here.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates