Monday, November 26, 2012

Barley Grass and its Benefits

I'm always on an 'endeavor' to be fit and healthy. So, I read a lot of articles on fitness and health. I have no problem reading and 'knowing' about everything on this topic, but my real problem is 'being' it. So there will be times when I will be drinking a lot of water and vegetable and fruit juices (100 % live juice from our juice extractor)  but during my 'down' times I will also be gurgling down my vitamin C, err..  Coca cola!

Lately, I've heard about the many benefits of barley grass. This is one grass that's rich with vitamins and minerals like copper, potassium, manganese, zinc. It has been said that Barley grass has more protein and fiber than spinach. Barley grass also has antioxidants, enzymes, and other phytochemicals that is said to in vitro neutralize free radicals and other unfriendly chemicals, including pesticides and food preservatives. With all these vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, it has been reported that this grass may be beneficial for those having arthritis, asthma, skin problems, obesity, anemia, constipation, impotence, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease and kidney problems. I even saw video testimonials of people with such diseases and being cured through regular intake of this grass. Another amazing testimonial is from a lady who was diagnosed with cancer and she has totally changed her diet with the regular consumption of barley grass juice. Amazing huh! I'm sure more research is underway for the cure of such diseases like cancer. There is even this site called cureLauncher which advocate for and fund clinical trials and medical and life-saving research for the cure of these serious diseases. Anyways, as for my personal health, I would be surely looking for barley grass anytime soon.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates