Friday, September 30, 2011

Pregnancy and Birth Facts and Figures

I've come across this graphics with Pregnancy and Birth Facts and Figures in the US. I like to see graphics like this because it gives me a lot of facts in very little time. As I was browsing through this graph, I can't help but notice that thousands of the children are born from teenage mothers or unmarried moms. I'm sure this wasn't the same percentage or the same number, 50 years ago or so. I'm sure a lot of teenage moms are well prepared and ready to have children of their own, but it's also a fact that many of them are not. There may be isolated cases of children being abandoned by their teenage moms as they can't cope with the challenges of motherhood and stuff. But I wonder how this kind of situation can also be prevented... Oh, I'm just thinking out loud....

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates