Friday, November 5, 2010

A Shelter from the Storm

I am thankful to God that the flood here in Thailand has finally come to an end. I am thankful for all the people who prayed for us. I am thankful for my family and friend’s safety. Some families in the other parts of the city have been greatly affected and some of them have no place to stay for the mean time because there house was flooded.

While writing about my flood experience here in Hatyai, I can’t help but be reminded of my flood experience in the Philippines. During those times, we don’t have a place to stay because our house was totally flooded. But God is a God who provides. One of my cousins, offered us to stay in her house as long as we want. Some of our neighbors who were also affected settled on built in tarps and canopies. In most affected barangays, blue poly tarps were put up just to accommodate those people who needed a place to stay.

It was a frightening experience especially for my daughter, but God allowed us to trust in Him for He is in control of the situation. This flood in Hatyai is nothing new to me because I have proven before that God is indeed in control of these situations in our life.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates