Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Marriage Monday 2

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

I hope I'm not too late to post my Marriage Monday entry. This is my 2nd post and the first one I did in my other blog. I hope it's okay. But from now on I'll post my MM entries here.

Since it's an open topic this month. I chose to place a widget here in my post to check your "Love Language". My HUbby and I read Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages during our 'honeymoon' in one of the islands here in Thailand. It was a beautiful moment of reflection and understanding each one's needs and how our love tanks can be filled.

My number 1 Love Language is Quality time while my Hubby's Love Language is Acts of Service. So you could imagine a cross between Martha and Mary. I would want to just want to relax, talk and spend quality while my Hubby will be so busy doing things around the house. But knowing what our primary love language, we give way and try to understand each others' need, and fill each other's love tank first before our own.

What about you? What's your primary love language?



More Free SelectSmart.com Widgets

9 comments:

Susan said...

This was such a nice idea to post this widget!!

I mentioned my husband's love language in my MM post today.

Mary and Martha, that was just so cute!

Hey, my son is thinking about coming to Thailand to teach English.

Blessings to you♥

Susannah said...

I haven't read The Five Love Languages yet, but so many people have found it helpful. Generally speaking, I think most men express love by what they do, while most women like all the romance. So you and your husband are in good company in your preferences. :~D

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today!

Susannah said...

P.S. What a cool widget! Great creativity. :~D

God's girl said...

That is such a great thing you both did on your honeymoon!

Mine is quality time too and my husbands is words of encouragement. I guess those could go together well.
Blessings,
Angela

Sheila said...

Great post. Loved the widget. I'm going to come back and take the quiz and post the widget on my blog too! I read the book before but it's been awhile and I don't remember what mine is.

thanks
sheila

Miriam Pauline said...

Yeah, we have different love languages as well--makes for some interesting discussions. But we have learned to speak each other's language over the years. Great post!

Toia said...

Great post. My language is also spending some q and t with each other. My husband is acts of service. We have other love languages but those are our top ones. Great post.

Tammy said...

Love the widget here!
Yes...we once took a test together for our five love languages and mine was affection, words of affirmation followed by quality time. My husband's was acts of service like yours, and I think my three were his bottom three!
It sure answered a lot for us about previous unmet needs!

How wonderful that you now try to fulfill each other's needs first...when it's now how you perceive love, it doesn't come naturally to do it the other's way but the rewards are great!
Blessings,
~Tammy

Jan Parrish said...

I am quality time. My hubby is words of affirmation. Understanding this will take you a long ways down the road.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates