Sunday, July 6, 2008

Couples Devotion Week 1

Welcome to our first Couples Devotion post. Please read here for more info. This is one touching story that made me and my HUbby teary eyed when we were reading this.

What if we were in the author's situation? Will we stay committed or will be get tired and give up easily? Read on and be blessed.

Do You Want Me?
by Park York


I rise early this Friday, as I do every day, to prepare coffee and mix a protein shake. The television news plays quietly in the corner. Flossie, my wife, is still asleep.

Sometime after eight, she begins floating out of slumber. I bring the shake to her bedside, put straw in her mouth, and she and she gives her cheek a little pat as she begins to drink. Slowly the liquid recedes.

I sit there holding the glass, thinking about the past eight years. At first she asked only an occasional incoherent or irrelevant question: otherwise she was normal. I tried for two years to find out what was wrong. She grew agitated, restless, defensive, as she was consistently tired and unable to hold a conversation.

At last a neurologist diagnose Alzheimers's disease. He said he wasn't sure - a firm diagnosis could come only from examining brain tissue after death. There is no known cause for this malady. And no known cure. READ MORE



1 comment:

Phebie said...

ate, am looking forward for your next entries for ur couples devotion as well as your MM entries..nice kaau...

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates