Friday, May 23, 2008

THe Love of a Father

Two weeks ago was my daughter's birthday. Then on one of those nights, my Hubby was simply telling our Li'l girl her birth story, how everyone was excited when she was born, how everything was like in the hospital and etc. Then, came the part when her Grandpa just looks at her from the mirror and admires her when she sleeps on their bed. (My Father that time was already sick from cancer in the throat and he couldn't turn his head..so, he just looked at Tricia from the mirror.) When my Hubby was relating the story, I didn't realize that tears were already flowing from my eyes. I just remembered my father and couldn't help but miss him so much.
He was such a perfect Tatay for me and I miss every moment that he had been with us. Here is the poem that I wrote about him a last year.
The Love of a Father

It has been three years since he has been gone.
But all his memories are still fresh in my heart.
From the time I was still a child
Till I have grown up to have a daughter of mine
He had been there to guide and see me through.

He was not compulsive nor too strong
But he disciplined us gently even when we were wrong.
He did not speak with many words
But once he speaks, it was a precious treasure that’s filled with worth.
For he had like the Wisdom of Solomon but the humility of a lamb.

Sweet and romantic, he surprised my mom with roses and hugs.
And he gave us his children simple assurances of his great love.
We couldn’t ask for more for all the things he had done.
It was much more than enough for us the children we have become.

He had this sweet love for God and the people around him.
Everywhere he went, he told people of God’s great love.
Even during the last days of his life with his faith and love unwavering
He worshipped and sang without his voice, everyday without faltering,
Thanking God for his life, family and the life beyond.

Then the time came, when he had to meet the God of all creation
I’m sure the heavens welcomed him with great songs and standing ovation.
For he had fought the good fight of faith and finished the race with victory.

Nothing was left undone for his task on earth was already done.
For he had blessed countless of people; his family, friends and strangers.
Now, three years had passed since we held his hand.
Though we will miss him much more than we could imagine
But our hearts will forever be grateful to God
For giving him to us who has the great love of the FATHER.

Thank you Lord for you gave me such a loving and perfect Tatay. You know that we love him and miss him so much. He is indeed and inspiration to me to live my life as he did. A life indeed worth living.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates