Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lesson from my 3-year old daughter

Lesson from my 3-year old daughtermagnify
I was reminded of this incident that happened a year ago when four daughter was still 3 years old.....read on..

______________________________

" Thank you so much for bringing me to the Beach, Appa!" That was what my three- year old daughter told Jesu when they were swimming in the beach just this afternoon.

Tricia is one expressive and appreciative girl. Every time she expresses her appreciation for us, she just melts our hearts and encourages us to do more for her. I couldn't count how many times she has appreciated things today. I remember she also thanked me this lunch time for cooking "carry"...yes, that's how she pronounces 'curry' which has become her favorite too. Then, on the way to the beach, we asked her to pray and she was thanking God for the trees, the cars, the birds, the sky and practically everything she saw with her eyes. She said " thank you God for making the....." and oh it was a looong prayer indeed for she named everything one by one.

Well, her gesture of being appreciative has left me reflecting and being more aware to be more expressive in appreciating people too. I for one am not a very expressive person.. I may appreciate something that someone did but it takes extra consciousness and effort for me to express it by words. That's why I’m sure Tricia got that expressive trait from Jesu for he's like that too.. Sometimes even when Jesu expresses his appreciation for me, I'll find it a bit corny and give him that "yeah lah" look but deep in my heart, I like it too.

Tricia's gesture reminded me that if our hearts (as parents) melt every time she expresses her gratitude to us then surely all the people I'll be expressing my gratitude or appreciation too will feel the same way. It also reminded me to be especially more expressive in appreciation to our HEavenly Father for everything HE is and He has done, through worship. OK…that’s all for now…I hope I’ll always be reminded with this lesson that I’ve learned today and put it into practice. J

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates