Saturday, May 31, 2008

IT's a BOY!

This is a post that I've written last year when we found out that I was carrying a baby boy..Lyle :)
______________

Yes, it's going to be a boy and indeed our ATe Tricia will be having a baby brother!

We just came from the Hospital today and officially, I'm 18 months pregnant. The Doctor asked us if we want to have our baby scanned and immediately, Jesu and I exclaimed, "YES!". Never mind if it's already going to be lunch time. Lunch can wait till later.

Then we went to the ultrasound room. One frustrating thing about being in a foreign land is that all the Doctors ad Nurses refuse to talk to us because they're afraid to speak English. We also don’t want to start talking to them in Thai because then they’ll be telling us all the Thai medical terms and jargon in which we have zero knowledge. So, the Dr. (not my OBGyne) did the scan and HE DID NOT SAY A WORD at all! Jesu and I just kept on guessing while he was doing the ultrasound, ' That must be the head', ‘Oh, that looks like the arms and it's waving at us!', ‘ Is that the body or what?’... then finally I saw something thin and long sticking out...I didn't say anything because I was afraid I might be wrong but I was already suspecting something. ;)

Then all of the sudden the Dr. stopped and said, “ It is finished.” ( hahaha! sounds familiar huh?). Jesu couldn’t help but asked, “ Dr. what’s the gender of our baby?” The Dr. didn’t say anything at all but just pointed at the long, thin thing at the screen in front of us. Jesu had to ask and confirm excitedly, “ Is it a boy, Dr.?” Then finally, the Dr. said, “Yes, it’s a boy.” whew!

Hahahaha! All of us including Tricia (who was there with us and quietly observing everything) shouted, “ Yehey!!” God has indeed answered our prayer and now we don’t have to think of a baby girl’s name anymore because it’s going to be a baby boy, Jedaiah Lyle after all. Thank you Lord!

* Jedaiah derived from the Hebrew name, Jedidiah meaning God's Friend.

* Lyle derived from the Hebrew name, Lael meaning of God.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates