Sunday, December 1, 2013

Her Love


It was one of those not-so-good homeschool days. I assigned my daughter to so some pages of her Math textbook and workbook. At first I found out she didn't do it but instead did other things that hasn't been assigned to her. And then after reprimanding her, she did it half heartedly and ended up with most of the exercises to be wrong. I know that Math is not my daughter's favorite subject, but actually she's good with it ( better than I am). But because it has already been ingrained in her mind that she doesn't like Math, then that's when the problem starts.

Anyways, I had to firmly reprimand her again and at the end got mad with her attitude towards the subject. And because she hasn't been doing her best, I took out some of her privileges for the weekend. After my long 'sermon', I went upstairs for my 'time out'.. and when I came down, I saw this note which says,

I did this because I love you . ( She did her maths back and this time, she did her best)
I hate to see you mad,
When you do I get really sad.
I did this because I love you.
It's okay if you don't give our privileges back
Because either way my love for you fills a million sads. 

After reading the note, she hugged me and told me she's sorry. I was also touched by her gesture that even if I got mad and scolded her she still secure that I love her and she loves me back. I just thank God for this relationship wth my daughter and really pray that we will continue to grow in this relationship even as she becomes older. 


No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates