Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Setting My Mind on Things Above

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:1-2

I've been reminded this verse last night. God's word is indeed living an active in our lives, gently rebuking and teaching us when needed.

You see, I'm not a 'materialistic' kind of lady, but lately, I've been wanting to acquire something. I've been quite 'obsessed' about it, reading about the 'thing', researching about it and it's just somehow 'filling' my mind with it and nothing else. That's when I was reminded of the verse and decided to put a stop on thinking about it and surrendering it to the Lord. If it's His will for me to acquire that thing, then so be it. I don't have to struggle over it or make ways for me to acquire it like getting cash advance. If on the other hand, if it's not his will for me to acquire it, then it's still okay. At least I don't have to be burdened by cash advance or such. But the most important thing is for me to set my things above and not be 'overly' obsessed with this earthly thing.

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates