Friday, September 18, 2009

Dora Says " Abre! Abre!"

I get amuse when I see my li'l boy watch Dora the explorer because he tries to answer every time Dora asks a question. I'm not so sure if he understands the question but sometimes he does get the answer right. But anyways, it's just a Yes or No answer so, he does get a 50% chance of answering right without even understanding the question.

But what surprised me more was when he asked me to open his packet of cookies one time and he said, "Abe, Abe!" . Then, I figured out he was saying " Abre!" which is Spanish and means "open" in English. Nope, I didn't teach him any Spanish but I guess Dora the Explorer must have done a good job in teaching my toddler some spanish. LOL!

But if we have to teach him some other languages, it would have to be Tamil, Thai or Filipino first since he will have more chances of speaking these 3 languages more. When he grows up, then he can venture out into learning more languages like Spanish or French so he can for example say abris de piscine to mean shelters of swimming pools or Compte bancaire to mean bank or salle bain to mean room bath. How do I know all these? Well, I found this out from the net and I guess you would need to know these words when you go to France. :)

No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates