Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Miracle of Life

Backtrack 2003


We were just newly weds - a cross cultural marriage in a foreign land. So we thought we were not yet ready to have a baby. We had so many concerns in mind if we were going to have a baby, "Are we ready for the new challenge?' Are we ready financially? Are we capable to be parents?" Those were our questions but we always shrug off the thought and concluded, if it's God's will then we just have to accept it. BUt deep in our hearts, we were not that willing.
Then on the morning of Sept. 2nd, a few days before our 1st wedding anniversary, I was doing my devotions and I read, ' there is a time to die and a time to be born'...further on... ' who can form the baby's bones inside the mother's womb ?'... I got scared. I knew God was trying to tell me something. Even a few days before that..the words ' He makes everything beautiful in HIs time' was screaming from my Bible. "Are you trying to tell me something, Lord?" I asked with my heart pounding because I was already few days delayed from my period.
Then the next morning, I did a pregnancy test. True enough, I was pregnant! I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was first worried because I thought we were not ready for a baby but then I was reminded of God's word the previous days. I was already crying and was thanking God for the miracle of life inside my womb. Indeed, it was not a mistake and truly God has a plan for our lives and especially for the baby inside my womb
.
Fast forward 2008 (Present)
The baby that was inside my womb is now turning four years old. She's a beautiful girl, smart and is indeed a great JOY to us. We thank God for giving us this GIFT. Even at this age, she already knows how to pray and intercede in behalf of others. She already wants to tell her friends about God. We know that God has a great plan for her in His Kingdom. Indeed, God has brought her into our lives in such a perfect timing. We can truly attestthat God makes all things beautiful in His time, We thought that we were not yet ready to have a child. But in God's mind, He is ready and He's always there to enable us and He did. It is just our earnest prayer that we indeed be able to nurture her and train her in the way she should go.



No comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates